Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thing 10

I loved the Google Docs create a survey.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pjBCjcJ2JpxMoybRu_mNjHg
I hope the tech in my building will allow my students to take this short survey after their project is created. I chose the Young Author's process as the subject and easily created 5 questions of different types to gather their perspective on the project process. Feedback from students will help to build a better program and identify problems of which I was not aware. Hopefully, this can drive instruction to better serve the population I teach. I can see how this may help with other curricular areas and how this could also be used to bring parents into the process by making them feel that their opinions are valued and considered when creating projects for their children. This could benefit the Community Involvement piece of our School Improvement documents bringing more information and ideas to the table to be considered to drive curriculum decisions and school operations.

4 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Can you give us a link to the survey to help you beta-test it before you have students try it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...did the tech guy allow your students to take the survey? I like the part about feedback from students will make the program better. I went to a conference last week and one school told me that they administer pretests before each school year and they don't begin planning curriculum or instruction until those assessments are finished...they use the results to make teaching decisions for the next year, awesome! I look forward to using web 2.0 for similar applications.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I support the student/parent input tremendously. This is the kind of information that is real and very relevant to what we do on a daily basis. I look forward to hearing or seeing how this has strengthened your program. Do the parents get to complete a separate survey themselves?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see your Young Authors survey when you finish it! I think that this would be a great hook to get my "not crazy about technology" teachers involved!

    ReplyDelete