Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thing 12

The flickr badge gadget was broken. I finally figured out why it would not work. It is broken. Therefore; I substituted a slideshow for this thing. Hopefully, that will satisfy the requirement. I was able to steal and post several other peoples badges to my blog. Then spent another half hour trying to figure out what to do to delete them. I think besides learning how to use a lot of gadgets (I ran through a lot of them trying to find out why things did not work), I have perfected the use of the help searches, not helpful, but have learned a lot of info while trying to figure out the problem. I think the most valuable lesson I learned was to play and explore. What could I do, crash the world wide web, not sure that would be a tragedy considering the current economy in MI. Therefore, playing with the technology is ok. I finally stumbled on the answer, badge gadget broken, posting a slide show in its place. I hope you enjoy the slide show. These are photos from the IKAN Walk in Success project we did at Ritter. Ask if you have any questions :)

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes while trying to learn one thing we learn something else even more important in the process: play and explore! Is there a better way for our students to learn? Or adults for that matter. It's also nice that you learned to navigate the help sections, which can be anything BUT helpful sometimes! And I'm even more amazed that you actually got a response from Flickr! I've tried them a few times and never got an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exploring sites like flickr is delightful. It's so easy to use up all the time you have, gaining very little useful content, but enjoying everything you discover. Figuring out the badge thing was interesting. Not sure it was worth it, but you came up with a great solution. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete