Sunday, April 12, 2009

Thing 15

Success!! I was able to upload a picture of the LA State Capitol Building from flickr, as well as a link to the Louisiana.gov website. In addition, at the bottom of the page I was able to add the link to the Travel Guide page. This was great fun once I got the hang of it. I spent a lot of time on it yesterday with little success. I believe the problem was I was trying to grab photos that were not to be shared, and did not hit the save button on the wikki as I was trying to preview so I did not take out anyone else's info. I did eliminate the state seal. I think we need a second page at this point to get all the info on it. This would be great for collaborative projects with students on report topics. I believe the initial teaching of the technology would be a little cumbersome for the original technology teaching; but still doable in 4th grade. We would probably do a class project and then work in groups getting smaller as skills progress due to teacher management issues. As others have mentioned in their blogs getting sites unblocked and granting permissions in the various areas due to content may be difficult. Also screening all the info to prevent inappropriate pics and videos from creeping in during searches would be an issue especially at the elementary level. However, I see tremendous potential if we can work out the glitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment